[ExI] friendly fire, unfriendly AI

ablainey at aol.com ablainey at aol.com
Fri Apr 4 01:29:34 UTC 2008

This is why all military systems need more than one failsafe before firing and?should never be fully autonomous. The last failsafe should always being?a human (even that wasn't good enough in this case). I'd like to think?it's also a pretty good?example of why an AGI will be bad. Not because it will use weapon like this, but just because it could cause major damage with the systems it may have access to. Damage caused not through desire or design, Just because it can. Or more correctly, because we didn't account for it doing something we didn't think about.

Undoubtably this tradgedy is down to a design flaw somewhere, HW or SW. I just hope the lesson is learned.

Alex