[ExI] Most Critical Review of Transhumanism

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Apr 8 18:40:07 UTC 2008

Who needs critics when the topic is effectively invisible? See my
friend Dr. (soon to be Dr. Dr.) Russell Blackford's recent blog post:

<http://metamagician3000.blogspot.com/2008/04/i-am-not-one-of-australias-best-and.html>

He starts:

"It's gradually becoming known who did and who did not get an
invitation to the Australia 2020 seminar later this month, in which
Australia's 1000 supposedly best and brightest thinkers will spend a
weekend in Canberra solving the nation's problems and working out its
future trajectory.

"I can report that I didn't get an invitation, and I'm not going to
pretend I don't care.[...] (hey, guys, you now have a goddamn
Australian as editor-in-chief of the Journal of Evolution and
Technology, the leading intellectual flagship of the transhumanist
movement; just thought I'd let you know)."

Damien Broderick