[ExI] plain text

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 07:27:28 UTC 2008

It sounds like the mail reader Jim's using is a bit lame, but I don't
know what the alternatives are.

Maybe you could clean out the html somehow? eg: if you make a yahoo
group or equivalent, subscribe to it, subscribe it to the exi list,
and get it to only send plain text messages, maybe that would clean
them up a bit for you, remove any html crap?

Something along those lines might make an interesting weekend project,
actually; take an email feed, clean it up as ideally as possible for
those using text-to-speech, then ship it out again. Might be a nice
feature for the exi list. I'd be willing to look at that, if someone
wants to host it, and if no one can come up with a better off the
shelf solution.

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com