[ExI] "The 11th Hour" documentary

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 21:00:01 UTC 2008

Last night I viewed "The 11th Hour" with a local campus "save the planet
before it's too late" club.  I had read a bad review of the documentary in a
local paper, but upon actually watching it myself I have to admit to being
rather impressed.  Yes, Leonardo DiCaprio did *partially* narrate it, and
yet this was hardly "the end of the world." lol  The documentary went well
beyond the subject of global warming and focused much more on the matter of
our current civilization developing a *sustainable* system of
global economic development.  The "consumer/industrial use it/toss it/don't
bother recycling it/wreck the planet" culture we have now was strongly taken
to task for the way we are presently heading off a cliff.  But as smart and
reasonable alternatives were shown to the current state of things, I began
to think to myself as they rolled them out, "hey, this smacks of enlightened
Transhumanism."  : )

The official documentary website:

http://wip.warnerbros.com/11thhour/mainsite/site.html

A volunteer/action website connected to the documentary:

http://11thhouraction.com/

On Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/11th-Hour-Leonardo-DiCaprio/dp/B00005JPXA

John Grigg