[ExI] John A. Wheeler

scerir scerir at libero.it
Fri Apr 18 08:59:03 UTC 2008

Alex:
> Do you have any references to more recent works
> or current experiments?

"Turning now to the question of the empirical support
[about the uncertainty principle], we unhesitatingly
declare that rarely in the history of physics
has there been a principle of such universal importance
with so few credentials of experimental tests".
-Max Jammer, 1974.

Not sure that things changed so much in the last 35 years.
Perhaps Bush & Lahti wrote something at the end of this
paper http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0609185 (see chapter 7).

But experiments more or less about uncertainty principle
(the famous EPR is a gedanken experiment about that)
are now performed using bi-photons (two momentum-position
entangled photons, or two time-energy entangled photons).
www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~simons/Publikationen/RevModPhys99.pdf
http://techdigest.jhuapl.edu/td1604/Franson.pdf
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0106078
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0201036
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0503073
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0512207

> [...] my own idea of an experiment that would show the
> position of electrons. Or at least show they don't occupy
> every available position. would be to fire discrete particles
> through the electron path at a perpendicular angle.
> Any impact would show the presence of an electron and a
> lack of impact would prove an absence. no?

Good luck.
But there is some difference between
the - ex ante - 'probability cloud'
and the - ex post - tiny particle.