[ExI] Reinforcing our Prejudices

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 03:43:55 UTC 2008

On Friday 18 April 2008, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
> Yes, everything psychological must have a basis in the physical. But
> there is still a sense in which the brain could be said to be
> suffering from disease. Otherwise, you could argue that there is no
> such thing as disease at all, since putatively diseased organs are
> just exhibiting a slightly different set of biochemical reactions.

Yep, that's it exactly though, there's no true 'disease', it's just a
different set of reactions and whatever, and if you want to change
that, you can complete the feedback circuits however you can to
eliminate or change those statuses, right? I don't think it matters the
physical reality of the situation. I wonder if Szaz was working off of
a "the mind is brain + soul"-thought stuff.

- Bryan