[ExI] Reinforcing our Prejudices

ablainey at aol.com ablainey at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 06:04:26 UTC 2008

What is wrong with Bipolar? I have been happily/sadly bipolar for many years ;o)
?"oppositional personality disorder" seems to me to be a product of either over diagnosis of normal childhood behaviour or possibly a symptom of other frustrations, possibly even due to high intelligence and alomost certainly due to social environment. To label such psychological traits as a disorder just smacks of enforced conformity to perceived societal norms. Norms which are more than likely or even provably way off what is actually in the normal spectrum. It would be fair to say that nearly all of the people revered by society have in fact fallen into the fringe regions of this normal?psychological spectrum.?Some have been far outside it.?Do we really want to label and medicate such minds? granted we do need to identify them,? should this identification be the limit of what we do?
Alex