[ExI] The point of emotions

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 12:11:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 1:43 PM, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
>  My question is, would an
>  AI behaving in this way ipso facto have emotions: real likes and
>  dislikes, the way we experience them?

The same old story. How would we know? How would you know that I
personally do, for instance, rather than "mimicking" your emotions,
that you might be the only entity in the universe really to feel?

I think that with regard both to AIs *and* to other human beings, the
healthier and more sensible approach is that of the PNL, that is: we
do not know, we will never know, what we are doing is projecting.

Stefano Vaj