[ExI] Fwd: A rant on financial obesity and Project Virgle & an ironic disclosure :-)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Tue Apr 22 09:40:38 UTC 2008

Emlyn:
>I found something really fascinating in that post, namely this:

>http://www.whywork.org/rethinking/whywork/abolition.html

>"The Abolition of Work
>by Bob Black, 1985
>No one should ever work.

I thought I learned about Bob Black from the Extropians, but no, it was
before I met the Extropians, by about 5 years, via Loompanics and my
fun libertarian / anarchocapitalist / fringe friends in the early-middle
1980s.

http://www.spunk.org/texts/writers/black/sp001672.html
http://helpychalk.blogspot.com/2008/01/loompanics-and-free-speech.html
http://www.paladin-press.com/detail.aspx?ID=1402

Bob Black's other writings
http://www.t0.or.at/bobblack/bobblack.htm

You got me nostalgic, you know, as this was the time I became an
anarchist, influenced by Stirner,  Vonu's _Search for Personal Freedom_,
and other writings from Loompanics.

Max Stirner:
http://www.nonserviam.com/stirner/

Vonu:
http://vonu.org/default.aspx

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :-)

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado