[ExI] Fame meat and Robert Bradbury

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 00:01:52 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 22 April 2008, Kevin Freels wrote:
> Several years ago Robert Bradbury and I were having a discussion
> about lab created meat replacing the existing method of meat
> production which involves feeding, raising, breeding and killing
> millions of animals. The idea was to produce meat more efficiently
> with a side-benefit of being able to control many factors to make it
> healthier at the same time.
>
> I may be wrong, but I think Robert had mentioned investing in a group
> that was researching this. If so, I wanted to let him know that PETA
> just announced a $1 million reward for the first company to produce
> lab-grown chicken meat edible and indistinguishable from real chicken
> meat by 2012.
>
> http://www.physorg.com/news128076961.html
>
> Does anyone know how to reach him? Can someone forward this to him or
> send me his email address? His domain shows a generic Joomla page for
> a site he is working on. I found several Robert Bradbury's on a
> search but I can't be certain which one is the right one.

Robert Bradbury is somewhere on GRG, last I checked.

Re: in vitro meat.
http://heybryan.org/mediawiki/index.php/Meat_on_a_stick
http://new-harvest.org/

I will be working with tissue engineering topics more closely soon, so I
have a chance to implement some research strategies; harvesting some of
the research from burn victim regenerative tissue research, plus
Yamanaka iPS cell culturing techniques, plus the 142 different types of
cell differentiation protocols that we know now, well, things can go
pretty well. I think the tough part is going to be scaffolding and
distributing nutrients to meat growing in a tank, this is known as the
vascularization issue.

- Bryan