[ExI] The point of emotions

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 01:59:51 UTC 2008

On Thursday 24 April 2008, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
> The field of computational neuroscience consists in an attempt to
> model the behaviour of real neurons. It remains to be seen just how
> detailed this modelling needs to be: whether it has to be accurate
> down to the molecular level or just the cellular level, like the
> recent IBM Blue Gene/L simulation of rat cortex
> (http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/rd/521/djurfeldt.html).

That's Markram. :-)

http://heybryan.org/intense_world_syndrome.html
http://heybryan.org/mediawiki/index.php/Henry_Markram
http://bluebrain.epfl.ch/page18900.html

Some of the packages he's probably using are listed on these pages:
http://heybryan.org/mediawiki/index.php/Computational_chem_linkdump
http://heybryan.org/mediawiki/index.php/Computational_neuroscience
http://heybryan.org/mediawiki/index.php/Computational_biology

One of my projects is an imitation project - it'd probably be more
direct to ask him for the source code, for research interests, but I am
interested in coming up with an overall strategy first, and then having
him eye it over. ;-)

- Bryan