[ExI] Alternative meat production [WAS Re: Fame meat]

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at insightbb.com
Sat Apr 26 01:55:53 UTC 2008

No. It's not political or altruistic. It's emotional. PETA members don't
like the idea of breeding animals in lousy environments and then
slaughtering them. If you have ever seen what really goes on in these
"plants" you would know why. The slaughter isn't the worst of it. It's
almost enough to me me want to skip eating meat. But alas, it just
tastes too good! Their idea is a solid one. Knowing that there are too
many of me out there to win their goal of stopping the processes in
place now, they want to sponsor an alternative that will allow people
like me to have their meat without all that. It's a brilliant example of
capitalism working and I do agree that the race for this will heat up
very soon. I can't wait. Once we can make meat like this, we can also
control many of the "bad" things that are in the meat!

One thing I found today - look at this little discovery.
http://www.physorg.com/news128350072.html
Talk about perfect timing!