[ExI] "general repudiation of Transhumanism"

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 16:00:28 UTC 2008

Damien wrote:
>magical revival from the dead, wine turned into water

Wine turned into water?  Dang, alright!  And so Jesus is Mormon!  ; )

you continue:
>Did he declare his own religious affiliations, if any?

Actually, yes.  He said he is a secular humanist/atheist.  Damien, you seem
to have the wrong idea about this lecture/symposium series.  The Templeton
Foundation is avowedly religious, but their funds went toward secular
academics gathering together and having a largely secular discussion about
Transhumanism.  And so your diatribe against religion was not necessary. : )

It was a group of very secular academics who asked for that "general
repudiation of Transhumanism."  Don't you understand Damien, it is your *own
kind* that don't like us...  I attended a workshop symposium this
past Friday with the same group and I will later on post about my
experiences there.  It was not always pleasant to say the least.

John Grigg  : (