[ExI] Blackford and Egan on >H

M1N3R m1n3r2 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 27 11:30:16 UTC 2008

From: <nvitamore at austin.rr.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:09 AM

> I never felt comfotable with cyborg. I mean, it is so metal and all.
> Transhuman fits the bill better I think.

First thought that came to me was the film Terminator. Did you see that?
Arnold was a "living tissue over metal endoskeleton" pronounced with a
German accent :D. But this need not be so. And as the definition is, a
cyborg is a person (or entity) who depends on technology in its everyday
life. I have glasses, thus I am a cyborg. I wouldn't be able to live without
technology. I always have my laptop with me, for example. Now, a person who,
without a pacemaker, would die in an instant, finely satisfies the
definition of a cybernetic organism. Oh, and if you have organic
augmentations (wetware add-ons), you still are a cyborg :) I may be wrong
about this... Don't take me wrong, I like the word Transhuman, but I used
cyborg for so many years as a child, without ever knowing that there was
something like bionics and finally, transhumanism this year.

Thomas Pardy