[ExI] flds raid, was general repudiation...

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Tue Apr 29 21:55:17 UTC 2008

BillK writes, speaking for the vast majority here, I am certain

> Once they entered the premises they saw young girls with babies,
> so child abuse was evident. As it was a commune, all the adults
> were probably [!] complicit in the sex abuse crime.
> They could not arrest all the adults and leave the children, so all
> the children were removed. It will all come out in court soon
> enough, but I don't see a problem here.

The problem that I see is your easy endorsement of the concept
of victimless crime. It's very likely that not a single individual
quite of his or her own free will has complained, or would want
to complain.

When I was a kid in southern California in the 1960s, there
were two men who lived across the street. They kept very
much to themselves, but were always courteous and polite
whenever anyone would talk to them. Tongues in the
neighborhood eventually began to wag, but fortunately
no one thought of interfering. I don't even know if they
were officially commiting a "crime" in those days, but in
many states, they may very well have been arrested.

But you'll say, "well, consenting adults is okay". This
phrase "consenting adults" is of relatively recent vintage
and was and is nothing more than a rationalization. Times
change, and when we consult our feelings now, perhaps
we get different answers than we did then.

"Oh, but they're only *children*!", the cry will then go out.
"They don't know what is best for them, their parents don't
know what is best for them, and their friends and neighbors
don't know what is best for them!

"But *WE* know what is best for them, and we have the
men, badges, dogs, and guns to prove it!"

Lee