[ExI] Charity vs. Entitlements

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 02:45:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:

>  Rafal responded
>
>  > ### The way I see it, the only, only thing you are entitled
>  > to is freedom from violence. You don't have any rights to
>  > anybody's time, money, resources. You don't have the
>  > right to take anything from others against their will. Even
>  > if there are 50 million of people like you, you still don't
>  > have the right to take anything from me. Merely "wanting"
>  > doesn't entitle you to anything.
>
>  Very true.  But completely inapplicable to reality at this
>  time, it appears.

### Not inapplicable. By performing this ethical evaluation I come to
real-world applicable conclusions: I am not bound by moral law to obey
demands from the entitlees. I may bend to superior force but it is
right and proper and fair to deny them their satisfaction whenever and
however I can. Maybe this doesn't count for much in the greater scheme
of things but it does mean something for me.

Rafal