[ExI] Nanotech and society any good?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 13:44:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Kaj Sotala wrote:
> I spotted a mention of this on KurzweilAI:
>  http://www.amazon.com/Nanotechnology-Society-Fritz-Allhoff/dp/1402062087/
>
>  It's on the expensive side, so I was wondering if anybody had read it
>  (or written something for it) and knew if it was any good?

It doesn't appear to be a technical book, according to the press release.
<http://www.nanotech-now.com/news.cgi?story_id=29112>

Quote:
The Nanoethics Group today announced that it has released a collection
of important papers addressing a range of near-term issues related to
nanotechnology's ethical and social implications.
The book is divided into five units: foundational issues; risk and
regulation; industry and policy; the human condition; and selected
global issues. The essays tackle such contentious issues as
environmental impact, health dangers, medical benefits, intellectual
property, professional code of ethics, privacy, international
governance, and more.

BillK