[ExI] The imams and advanced bioscience in Iran

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 09:51:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Damien Broderick <
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/jul/31/genetics.ethicsofscience
>While
> Our Scientists Struggle with Ethics, the Islamic World Forges Ahead
> JIM AL-KHALILI, PHD - The Guardian (U.K.)

Let us say that, as I already had the opportunity to remark in Biopolitica.
Il nuovo paradigma <http://www.biopolitica.it>, there are obscurantisms that
are more obscure than others... :-)

The truth is that the only way to stop really technoscientific development
is to enforce a world ban, and while this appears to be difficult enough for
nuclear technology in spite of the popular scare for global destruction and
the converging interests of the nuclear club's members, its real
implementation for bio research would require a level of omnipresent control
that would make *1984* a joke, *pace* Kass and Fukuyama.

Stefano Vaj