[ExI] The imams and advanced bioscience in Iran

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 09:25:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:41 AM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:
> I have to agree, though to waste a human, especially when so
> much literal work has been invested in one, is just terrible.
> But whether or not families should be able to do it without
> being attacked from outside is the separate question.

I think three different positions may well coexist, as they are really
on diffent planes:
- the position favourable to the protection not only of an actual
freedom of having children, but also of one's community's  healthy
demographic dynamic;
- the idea that while it may well be a pity when some fellow citizen
does not come into existence or does not wish to continue his or her
existence, such feelings should not be legally enforced;
- a personal disinclination for choosing as one's profession that of
administering abortions, infanticides, capital sentences or
euthanasias, as legal as they may be.

Stefano Vaj