[ExI] Striving for Objectivity Across Different Cultures

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 18:49:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:50 PM, Damien Broderick wrote:
> Reprise of June post:
>
> http://www.dianahsieh.com/misc/fallacies.html
>
> ad personam: appealing to the misrepresented self-interest of those one is
> trying to convince.

Sorry Damien, but I cannot find any other sources that support her
definition of ad personam.
Can you?

All the other references I find agree with wikipedia.

I even checked in the references that she quoted at the foot of her list.
Three are available on the net and none of them use her definition.

Misrepresenting the views of another is the strawman argument.

I think she just made a mistake with that one.

BillK