[ExI] [Fiction | Group agency] Resistance by Tobias S. Buckell

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 06:20:04 UTC 2008

On Friday 22 August 2008, Jef Allbright wrote:
> A thoughtful short story online promoting Cory Doctorow's collection
> _Agents of Change_.
>
> <http://www.johnjosephadams.com/seeds-of-change/?page_id=66>

The issue of 'ownership' of decisions and little binary decisions on
votes is a way of dancing around the real issue of directed action and
extropy.

On another note, if as you continue into the future and continue living
you find yourself having to answer an increasingly larger number of
checkbox thingies to cast your vote, to make sure nothing screws up,
and indeed if you don't do so everything /does/ screw up, then I think
you're doing it wrong. There are general constraints and rules to
growth to work with, otherwise we're all damned methinks.

- Bryan