[ExI] Human extinction

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Aug 23 04:16:36 UTC 2008

> ... On Behalf Of The Avantguardian
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Human extinction
>
> >... All of this counts as "normal"
> > storm damage and "normal" flood damage.
>
> This actually an interesting point. How do insurance
> companies and courts in a secular country determine if
> damages from a natural incident are an act of God or not?
> Could someone squeeze money out of an insurance claim for a
> hurricane by explaining in court how hurricanes are natural
> phenomena caused by the fluid mechanics of coriolis forces
> and convection currents whilst God is completely innocent in
> the matter? Assuming that not existing is not a defense for
> God that is?
>
> Stuart LaForge

Stuart, from this comment, it is clear that you have never battled an
insurance company in court.  May you never.  If you ever do (evolution
forbid), you will conclude that buying insurance is mostly equivalent to
donating money to the very rich.  In practice, they will pay you small
fraction of what they think they will be forced to pay by a court, assuming
a long and exhausting legal battle.  Exhausting to you that is; for them it
is just another day at the office.

Harvey, glad to hear you are above water.  I heard there was an aligator
swimming down the street where you went to high school.