[ExI] Human extinction

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Aug 24 05:26:34 UTC 2008

At 10:02 PM 8/23/2008 -0700, spike wrote:

>Lee have you ever counted the commandments?  There are already 11 of them.
>No kidding, see Exodus chapter 20.

Are you counting these as 2?

1:

20:4
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of
any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath,
or that is in the water under the earth.
20:5

2:

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the
LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers
upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
20:6
And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my
commandments.

perhaps on the grounds that even if you don't *engrave* your own,
you'd still better not worship anyone else's?

Either way, it's pretty obvious that we have to get rid of the Hubble
telescope as soon as possible. And those submarine cameras like the
gadgets in "Titanic" are an abomination, surely deserving of several
generations of iniquity visiting, whether it's the 1st or 2nd
commandment they breach.

Damien Broderick