[ExI] Human extinction

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Aug 24 14:46:22 UTC 2008

Ja we suspected that all along.  Now get a load of this:

> ...visiting the iniquity of
> the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth
> generation of them that hate me... sincerely, God

What is that about?  If I am a pious guy whose grandfather, whom I might
never have met, was a son of a bitch, then my life will be screwed too?

In any case, a customary way for Protestants to count them is to see verse 3
of Exodus 20 as the first commandment:

 3:  Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Then verses 4 and 5 about graven images becomes number 2.  Then in order to
get to ten commandments, the hapless protestants are forced to combine the
last two commandments into one, verse 17, that bit about coveting they
neighbor's wife, his house, his manservant, maidservant, ox, ass, or
anything that is thy neighbor's.  What that does is equate thy neighbor's
wife with his other possessions.  But most people today can see a critical
reason why coveting thy neighbor's wife is *completely* different from
coveting his stuff.

Secondly, the verse tacitly sanctions slavery.  The manservant and
maidservants are surely not hired hands, otherwise one would merely offer
them more money to come over.  So here is slavery, endorsed in words written
in stone by god himself in Exodus 20 verse 17.