[ExI] End of Story? Re: QT and SR

scerir scerir at libero.it
Mon Aug 25 16:00:38 UTC 2008

Stefano Vaj
> So, should we eventually conclude that it is not a good think for
> near-c flying spaceships to have parts independently accelerated, or
> for that matter more than one motor (as it would amount to the same,
> at the end of the day), as otherwise they would break?

It is not safe for spaceships to fly one after the other,
because their computers desynchronize, and their travellers
age differently.

It is not safe to use a single looong spaceship, because
the front and the back like to accelerate differently and
... people who take seats in front age differently from
the people who are on the back.

> But I am again confused. Shouldn't the engine itself, which has an
> extention in space along the movement directions, and molecules that
> individually react to the forces applied to them, break at some point?

No, you are not confused. You realized why those ufo-aliens
prefer flying rotating platforms to ordinary spaceships.
(Oh wait, there is that damnit Ehrenfest paradox, but they
have solved it.)