[ExI] Got blog!

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 02:55:41 UTC 2008

2008/8/28 Samantha  Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com>:

>>> Now I will admit my ignorance when it comes to these. I'll go look at
>>> them in depth. I have some very specific ideas about dependency
>>> management, but maybe they already do this. I'll shut up and go look.

>> Ok, the short answer here is "windows".
>>

> The first thing I do on any windows box is install all of cygwin.   When I
> am likely to be trapped on a dark windows box I carry the cygwin install
> tarballs in my kit of bits.  Of course that doesn't help much with pure
> windows packaging.

I haven't pushed cygwin all that far. I have used it extensively for
setting up openssh servers on windows boxes, for secure remote access.
Remote desktop over ssh is brilliant. I've always encountered
suspicion from admins, however; it's not microsoft, so it can't be
secure!

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com - my home