[ExI] QT and SR

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 28 04:16:12 UTC 2008

"hkhenson" <hkhenson at rogers.com>
> I can think of a macroscopic example of entanglement.  Take a blue and a
> red marble, put in cup and shake.  In the dark put one each in packages
> and mail to far off places.  Have recipients open at the same time.  No
> matter how far apart they are, the color of the one far off becomes known
> instantly when you see the local one.

No, that doesn't capture quantum weirdness but I'll tell you what
would. Suppose there were 4 different types of marbles not 2,
they could be red or blue and heavy or light. In secret and at
random 2 are chosen and mailed in opposite directions a long
way apart.  You can X ray your package to learn if it is red or
blue or you can weigh it to learn if it is heavy or light, but can't
do both . If you decide to X ray it  and find it is blue then the
other package will ALWAYS contain a red marble, sometimes it
will be heavy and sometimes it will be light but it will always be red.
If however you decided to weigh your package  and found it to
be light then the other marble in the other package will always be
heavy, sometimes it will be red and sometimes blue but it will
ALWAYS be heavy. I find that weird.

 John K Clark