[ExI] Biology by Jove!

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 03:15:37 UTC 2008

Bryan and the DIY biotech guys might find this to be a valuable resource:

http://www.jove.com/

If I could only tell you the frustration of trying to duplicate the results of
an experiment in nature or other journals where they only allow you a paragraph
or so to describe methods. Is the phenonomenon real? Or are you just messing up
somewhere because the protocol isn't detailed enough? With these video
experiments, there is no longer any guess work because you can *see* the
authors perform the method in question. It may also provide some measure of
defense against academic fraud, since presumably the reviewers get to see the
data "happen" with their own eyes. Probably would have saved me quite a few
hours in graduate school. Very cool.

Stuart LaForge

"A portion of mankind take pride in their vices and pursue their purpose; many more waver between doing what is right and complying with what is wrong." - Horace