[ExI] who should white shoot?

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 01:06:42 UTC 2008

--- Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Given our earlier observations of White's ability to hit what he's
> shooting at, he should strive really earnestly to shoot himself in the
> head; and kill Mr Pink when he misses.

Unfortunately not even Mr. White can miss his own head in Russian Roulette. :-)

> If that's not an option, he should realize there's little hope of
> surviving - either the Russian roulette gets him, or Mr. Pink will
> shoot him immediately following a miss.  Therefore his best hope is
> that Pink expertly spun that single shot into the firing position and
> through a series of deft maneuvers, position himself close enough to
> his opponent that he can attempt to preemptively murder Pink.

As funny as your answer is, consider that if Mr. Pink simply wanted to kill Mr.
White and take his loot, he would have done so at the outset. And even if Mr.
White had been quick enough to get a shot off first, would most likely still
have succeeded. After all, not only does Mr. Pink never miss, but has been
known on occasion to hit two people with one bullet when they are aligned
properly. It is said he learned the "magic bullet" technique from Lee Harvey
Oswald. In any case, for whatever twisted reason, Mr. Pink obviously wants to
play Russian roulette.

Stuart LaForge

"A portion of mankind take pride in their vices and pursue their purpose; many more waver between doing what is right and complying with what is wrong." - Horace