[ExI] VP for Creationism

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 04:30:53 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 11:14 PM, giovanni santost
<santostasigio at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Do you think that as the cognitive capability of human beings will increase,
> in particular as and if we will merge with super intelligent machines, the
> childish belief in soothing tales like christianity will still exist? In
> other words, after 2000 years of lies and fraud, the days of christianity
> are counted?

Yes... and no.

If we are able to think 1e3 times faster and 1e3 times as grand, I
expect there will be people 1e6 times as gullible or willing to be
relinquish their right to think for themselves.  I'm not saying I like
this, but I have no reason to believe it won't be true.