[ExI] Second Life affair ends in divorce

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 22:06:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:33 PM, John Grigg wrote:
> I'm not sure if this was discussed here but in case it was not I
> thought I'd post.  I find it ironic that the hurt (then) wife went on
> to find love again in the World of Warcraft.  I wish the article had
> ended by saying, "she regained her faith in romance upon meeting a
> 60th level elven ranger!  And then the next CNN article about her
> could be about "interracial relationships" between online humans and
> elves and how his elven relatives just won't approve of her unless she
> changes her race...
>
> John  : )
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/11/14/second.life.divorce/index.html
>
>  LONDON, England (CNN) -- A British couple who married in a lavish
> Second Life wedding ceremony are to divorce after one of them had an
> alleged "affair" in the online world.

Britain has been having a good laugh at these two unfortunates. TV
comedians have been making jokes about them and Second Life.

But in the 'real' world it is a sad case of two unemployed, obese,
unappealing down-and-outs making a fantasy world where they were
young, slim, attractive, etc.

See this article for photos:
<http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Second_Life_sex_causes_divorce&in_article_id=402338>

Not so much getting a Second Life, as they need to get a first life.

BillK