[ExI] Making a billion people smarter on the cheap.

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sat Dec 6 16:18:50 UTC 2008

Iodine is not risk free for some people in some situations, so to have it pretty
much unavoidable would be questionable, IMHO.

http://www.diiradiology.com/radiology.aspx?id=198

| Patient Preparation
|
| Do not eat seafood or other products containing iodine, such as
| iodized salt and multivitamins, for at least 2 weeks prior to the
| thyroid scan.  If you are taking other medications, check with your
| pharmacist to determine if they contain iodine.

Iodized salt is readily available everywhere I've lived in the USA, no more
expensive than regular table salt, but some folks who won't use it. They see it as a
"poison" like they see fluoride in water as a poison or evil plot.

Regards,
MB