[ExI] Fwd: [Artemis] The Obama-Biden Transition Team looking into Space Based Solar Power.

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 15:28:21 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Bryan Bishop wrote:
> The Obama-Biden Transition Team looking into Space Based Solar Power.

Sorry, but having had a look, I think the above statement is hopeful
exaggeration.

Many reports are presented to OBTT, but there is no sign of any
official interest in Space Solar.

The official policy statement says:
# Ensure 10 percent of our electricity comes from renewable sources by
2012, and 25 percent by 2025.

This report comes from the National Security Space Office and it looks
to me as an attempt by the military - industrial complex to get a few
billions of extra funding from the energy budget.

To be realistic, the economy going down the drain is going to swamp
all other interests for years to come.

BillK