[ExI] [wta-talk] MIT boffins crack fusion plasma snag

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:01:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Michael LaTorra <mlatorra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Practical fusion power is truly the linchpin technology for creating a
> better world. Without it, even nanotech, biotech, cogtech and cybertech will
> be stifled by limited available energy. It's safer, less vulnerable to
> attack, and potentially more decentralized than such solutions as solar
> power satellites.
> See http://latorra.blogspot.com/

Yes. Owing to the brilliant advocacy of a few of us, I grew more and
more interested in, and informed about, the prospective of space-based
solar power - something i have never really been in more or less
dreamy rhetoric about other "renewable", and more fashionable, energy
sources - but controlled fusion still sounds to me as an irremissible
goal in the march towards a world where the two only real resources
and limiting factors are going to be information and energy.

Stefano Vaj