[ExI] power satellites

Kevin H kevin.l.holmes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 16:20:43 UTC 2008

Tom, I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation.  Keith is
talking about the peak oil and consequent energy crisis that the world is
about to enter into.  I share your skepticism about the political
feasability of a number of megaprojects, but just like the current economic
crisis has compelled the government to take actions that just six months ago
were totally unfeasable; I believe things are quickly going to come to a
head and whereby now such programs like what Keith and others are proposing
seem radical, very shortly they're not going to seem radical *enough*.

Check out this document:
http://spacesolarpower.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/final-sbsp-interim-assessment-release-01.pdf

It has some interesting data.

*Kevin*