[ExI] I don't understand students: help !

Fred C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Thu Dec 18 23:13:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 12:11 -0700, Kevin H wrote:
> I'm not really sure what you guys are talking about.  Ending
> public/free education just means you're going to have more uneducated
> people out there,

You have made an assertion without providing any evidence.  The entire
question of education is very complex and needs better analysis than
just some assertions.  You can argue that public/free education is
better but you need to provide the evidence.  It would also help to
distinguish between "free" and "public".

>  how is this a good thing?  I'm actually in favor of the direction
> we're on with standardized testing and using this as the primary
> criteria for evaluation teachers.

Do you have any evidence that this actually works over the long term and
over a wide variety of school situations?