[ExI] I don't understand students: help !

natasha at natasha.cc natasha at natasha.cc
Sat Dec 20 02:00:48 UTC 2008

Quoting Kevin H <kevin.l.holmes at gmail.com>:

> Natasha,
>
> If I made a suspicious or incredible claim, I wholly agree.  But sadly, no,
> I don't have any references to support the idea that more people will be
> educated if it is free than if people had to pay for it.  I guess I must
> concede my argument then.

It seems reasonable that more children would be willing to study (be
educated)if they loved what they are learning and/or the educational
methodology were in keeping with trends - like gaming as a means for
learning, or interactive simulations for learning.  Now if this were
free, I'd bet along with you that more would be inclinded to
experiment with learning (willing to be educated) if it were free.
But I don't have the stats either ...

Natasha