[ExI] Impending Newtonmass... what should I buy the atheistinmylife?

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 12:27:26 UTC 2008

2008/12/22 Olga Bourlin <fauxever at sprynet.com>:

> Yes there is.  It's easy - one can simply ignore Christ-mass (I've done it
> for 25 years).  And If I didn't grow up in a cultural Christian household to
> begin with, there would be nothing to ignore.  Even with the secular
> components that have been added to Christ-mass, many "other" religious
> groups do not do Christ-mass.

This is actually hard to do at this time of year, even as an atheist
in a mostly secular country. People say "have a good Christmas" and
you feel it requires at least a brief standard response, or no amount
of rationalisation will prevent you from looking like an dissocial
grump.

--
Stathis Papaioannou