[ExI] Impending Newtonmass...

Filipe Sobreira warlordbcm1 at yahoo.com.br
Wed Dec 24 15:33:50 UTC 2008

>"Navidad" obviously comes from the Latin for "nativity", and nothing
but contemporary antonomasia suggests of whom. Ones should not confuse
meaning with usage.

Ok, then. Fair enough. But as a Brazilian and familiar with the Spanish language (cause I've studied, since here in Brazil we speak portuguese, another latin derived language), I must warn that "Navidad" doesn't mean anything for the spanish besides "Christmas", regardless of how anybody try to resort to the original ethimology of the word. BTW, in portuguese Christmas is "Natal" wich comes from 'natalício' wich means "birthing time". In both cases the meaning is just implicit.

So I will wish Merry Christmas for those who accept this holiday, Happy Hanukkah, for all my fellow jews, and a great Solstice/Yule for everybody else!!! May peace and happyness be with us all.

>Stefano Vaj

Filipe

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com