[ExI] Free Will

ben benboc at lineone.net
Sun Dec 28 16:53:48 UTC 2008

"Will Steinberg" <asyluman at gmail.com> aggravated:

> Do any of y'all believe in free will?
>
> I for one think causality obviously precludes any idea of free will and that
> those that cling to some magical force are clinging to the same thing that
> the religious do.

Yup.

I mean Nope.

I mean... Hang on. i'll flip a coin...

Ooops, that won't prove anything will it?

I seriously think that i'm predetermined to believe in free will.
(On the basis that this is way better than deciding, of your own free
will, to believe in predetermination).

Causality does not preclude free will.

Free will is not equivalent to a magical force.

This topic really should be banned, you know.  Or hi-jacked into a
thread about a certain film about a certain cetacian.

(The Universe knew I was going to decide to say that)

Ben Free-Willy Zaiboc