[ExI] The Tax Man (was: A Small Request)

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:38:22 UTC 2008

On 12/02/2008, MB <mbb386 at main.nc.us> wrote:

> Charity isn't charity if it's forced, you know that. Then it's robbery.

Wherever there is a collection of people there is the possibility that
you will be forced to pay for something you don't want to pay for. The
local council spends money - my money - on Christmas decorations
because some of the residents apparently like them. They also spend
money giving food vouchers to the poor (who, incidentally, all get at
least a government living allowance of $200 per week but are sometimes
afflicted with a propensity to spend it on drugs, alcohol, cigarettes
or gambling rather than buy food). I don't mind the food vouchers, but
I resent the Christmas decorations. If I move to any other
municipality, state or nation I'm bound to find myself in a similar
situation where some of my earnings will be forcibly taken and used
for purposes of which I don't approve.

--
Stathis Papaioannou