[ExI] Haidt's Five Foundations of Morality

Tom Tobin korpios at korpios.com
Thu Feb 14 20:08:13 UTC 2008

>  Listening to his very nice talk made clear his own political
>  sympathies, but nonetheless I do believe that this is progress
>  towards understanding what really lies behind so many
>  of our discussions, namely a conflict of visions.

But we then hit a brick wall; since moral stances aren't rational,
what do we *do* about our conflict of visions?  We can't just "talk it
out" — all the facts can be on the table, and agreed upon, and we can
still differ.  The only suggestion that might succeed isn't likely to
happen: namely, that we all pick up and physically (and legally, etc.)
segregate ourselves by our ethics.