[ExI] nudar and the coming age of religious peace

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Mon Feb 25 00:23:32 UTC 2008

At 02:47 PM 2/24/2008, you wrote:

>Two different things actually.
>
>Is this cool or what?  Nudar is software you add to your GPS device to help
>you find nudity related events or establishments:
>
>http://nudar.nudar.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=48
>
>Why didn't I think of that?  Oh wait, that's right.  They don't ever let me
>into those kinds of places anyway.  No geeks allowed.
>
>On an unrelated but also cool site, Dawkins talks about an Economist article
>by Wolfe.
>
>http://richarddawkins.net/article,2296,The-coming-religious-peace,Alan-Wolfe
>-The-Atlantic
>
>Wolfe presents an optimistic view of subsiding conflict in the future
>because of gradual long term decline of religion.  Interesting graph of
>religiosity vs property.
>
>spike

Which is to be expected from the EP model of why wars if you meant to
write "prosperity."  Actually my case is that it's the future
prospects more than the present that's important in keeping war mode
shut off in human populations.

Since the evolutionary origin and function of religion is that of
xenophobic memes that facilitate wars, you would expect religions to
decline in places that are 1) have not been attacked for a long time
and 2) have decent future prospects.

Keith