[ExI] Basis of Belief

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 23:18:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 3:38 PM,  <kevin at kevinfreels.com> wrote:

> My acceptance of a god or gods extends into the future rather than a point
> in space but otherwise I see it the same way. Assuming that "god" can
> traverse time I suppose I would have to accept the existence of a god at
> this very moment. But accepting that there is a god (or will be) is a long
> way from believing  that you know every detail of the nature of that god and
> that it is all written in a perfectly preserved 1500 year old book.

### To further elaborate - If we agree that a god is somebody who can
do really cool stuff (e.g. easily create extremely large mathematical
structures, like QM-quality simulations of galaxies) and given that
the multiverse is infinitely large in terms of patterns of existence
contained in it, there must be an infinity of distinct entities
fitting this loose definition, even if they may affect only an
infinitesimally small measure of everything. So, it's not just one
god, there is a whole lot more. Halleluja, anybody?

Rafal