[ExI] An anomalous point

Joost Rekveld lists at lumen.nu
Thu Feb 28 10:53:12 UTC 2008

what strikes me on this religiosity-income graph is that both of the
anomalies (Kuwait and the US) are countries with very unevenly
distributed wealth. It would be interesting to see how religiosity
relates to wealth within these countries. One cliche assumption would
be that poorer people in these countries are more religious and
contribute to the Y-axis position because of their high numbers,
whereas the very rich are less religious but contribute to the X-asis
position because of their big wealth.

just a thought,

Joost.

On  28 Feb, 2008, at 10:59 AM, David C. Harris wrote:

> I attribute the deviation of the US on these 2 graphs to our strong
> individualism.

                               Joost Rekveld
-----------    http://www.lumen.nu/rekveld

"There are no passengers on spaceship earth.
We are all crew.”

(Marshall McLuhan)