[ExI] Survival

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 22:29:24 UTC 2008

On 02/01/2008, Randall Randall <randall at randallsquared.com> wrote:

> On Jan 1, 2008, at 3:54 AM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
> > If you
> > read everything I have ever written that has appeared on the Internet,
> > neither you nor a Jupiter brain will be able to deduce whether I
> > prefer chocolate or vanilla ice cream.
>
> You know for sure that there are no correlations to be
> found between the stuff you write about and ice cream
> preferences?  What deduced probability that you like
> what you really like would you accept?

I don't know for sure that there is no correlation but if there is it
will probably only increase the superintelligent AI's chance of
guessing right by a small margin. Even then, it will probably have to
perform research, surveying people's actual ice cream preferences and
seeing if there is a correlation with the words they use when
discussing apparently unrelated subjects. The point is,
superintelligence will not allow you to perform miracles.

--
Stathis Papaioannou