[ExI] Survival (was: elections again)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Jan 2 08:48:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 03:13:01PM +1100, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

> > The future will be determined by what Mr. Jupiter Brain wants, not by what
> > we want. Exactly what He (yes, I capitalized it)...
>
> I wish you wouldn't. It makes us sound like a kooky cult.

The reality is that extinct species don't decide what happens today.
The reality is that humanity makes other species extinct, not the
other way round.
The reality is that humanity is just an early evolutionary branch
on the new tree of life that hasn't happened yet.

Believing all that doesn't make me a kook, it makes me
a transhumanist.