[ExI] [Tech] Goggles, or Projectors?

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Thu Jan 3 01:28:23 UTC 2008

What about the possibility of a transparent LCD or OLED on a pair of contact
lens.

The contact lenses wouldn't have to be prescription.

For example take the OLED in MobyBlu Cube 2
http://web.mac.com/mobiblu/Site/Cube2.html

It's almost small enough and I bet they don't push the resolution because
the display is so small.

So upping the resolution would be the most important thing the image already
is very bright and the current required to display the image is very small.

Light coming into the eye could provide the energy for the display through a
transparent solar cell that ran on light outside of the eye's visible
spectrum.

The input feed could come from a belt unit that would transmit the actual
video signal.

The wireless receiver would have to be on a very small chip though to
prevent an annoying black area in the corner of the image. When optical
circuitry becomes feasible you could probably make the circuitry mostly
transparent since the fibers would be made of glass.

An up down detector would need to transmit a signal back to the belt unit if
the contact rotated slightly in the eye so that the belt unit would know how
to adjust the image and make up always up and the image level.

The belt unit could present two slightly different images to the left and
right eye allowing for a true 3D display.

Blinking three times in rapid succession could even be you on and off switch
or you could just give a voice command to the belt unit.

I want one!

Gary