[ExI] Survival

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Fri Jan 4 22:10:58 UTC 2008

On 1/4/08, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> At 10:02 PM 1/4/2008 +0100, Gene wrote:
>
> > > Yes, even more certainly than Stathis prefers vanilla.
> >
> >Y'all are weird. What would I prefer?
>
> The sauerkraut.

While that may be reasonable, it's less certain than choosing between
chocolate and vanilla.

The "secret" of games like this is that the required output is only 1
bit of information, while the input consists of a much greater number
of bits of loosely correlated (but not independent) information,
matching against vastly more bits of "experience" within an observer
system that has practiced "getting out of the way" of the assessment.

- Jef