[ExI] Asteroid on track for possible (updated probability of 1:28) Mars hit

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jan 5 18:00:20 UTC 2008

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Amara Graps
>
> For example:
> http://www.arm.ac.uk/leonid/dustexpl.html
> http://www.arm.ac.uk/leonid/
>
> If you are curious why I'm blown away by such accurate predictions, it is
> because gravity isn't the only force impressed on the particles.
>
> Amara

Amara this is an interesting comment.  The size of particles that make for
really good meteors are the pea-gravel-ish size and larger, ja?  Gravity
would be the only force which would do much to those orbits on the time
scale of a few hundred years, unless I misunderstood your PhD thesis
(entirely possible.)